Thursday, June 2, 2011

Windows faild to start because of a recent hardware or software change ?

Hello there I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running on a upgrade from windows XP to Windows Vista Premminum. I have been running this version for some time now and nothing has happend in which I can not fix myself.. I have recently come accross a problume that brings me up to Windows Boot Manager. I will read exactly what it says and how it says it.



Windows Boot Manager

Windows faild to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problume:



1. Insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click %26quot;next%26quot;

3. Click %26quot;Repair your computer.%26quot;



If you do not have this disk, Contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \windows\SYSTEM32\Drivers\SSHRMD.SYS



Status: 0xc0000098



Info: Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt.





Thats when it ends. Now I know it tells me how to fix it but I have a problume.. When it tells me a critical system driver is missing or corrupt... dosn't that mean its hardware failure or something like that and even if I put the disk in if im having hardware failure it wont work...



Also im concerned with what might have caused this problume. I know before the crash. I had gone onto Trend Micro 2008 anti viruse and it said a few things about windows changes and said that they were high so I changed them back. So im thinking when I changed them thats what happend... I know I might not be making a whole lot of sence but yeah im kinda confussed I have never seen this before....



So guys if you can help me out I will offer alot of points for it and if it is possable to instant message me at Musiclvrkd

That is an aim account so if you want to email me at that too it would be much appreciated. I dont go on yahoo answeres so I am more likly to get my responce if you give it that way thanks very muchWindows faild to start because of a recent hardware or software change ?
First of all if that is the case you are going to want to boot from your windows vista cd and delete all the partisions on your computer. then reboot and load from the cd and install vista again. Thats the quickest and easiest way to fix it becasue it failed to start due to a software or hardware failiure.Windows faild to start because of a recent hardware or software change ?
the problem is that one of the windows files you have has either been deleted or corrupted, likely from that change to a windows file you made.



the best way to fix it is to repair just the windows files. to do this you just need a windows cd and when it asks you if you want to install windows just hit enter and later it will ask you if you want to repair it or want to delete everything and install windows. select repair and it will start reinstalling windows and not touch the files you put on there. the only thing to remember is it will ask you if you want to repair windows twice, ignore the first time and choose to install the second time and just follow the steps from there.
  • bird
  • hair ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment